Getting Started .Net (IIS 5.0, IIS 5.1)
Note Setting up the Server Resolves Issues with the Web Server
Opening Internet Information Services (IIS)
1. Click [ Start, Settings, Control Panel ]
2. Double Click [ Administration Tools ]
3. Double Click [ Internet Information Services ]
Configure IIS Custom Anonymous Access User / Password
1. Open Internet Information Services (IIS)
2. Expand the Hierarchy Tree by clicking on [ + ] until you seethe Root of the Default Web Site.
3. Right Click the Default Web Site, Select [ Properties ]
4. Click Directory Security tab
5. Under the heading Anonymous access and authentication control click the Edit button
6. Click the Browse button, and on the Select User Dialog box click the Advanced.. button
7. Click Find Now, Select the CustomASPNET (created above) account and click OK
8. Deselect the Allow IIS to control password option, type account password, press OK, and then confirm the same password
Setup Content Type Mime in Internet Information Services
1. Install the Server Setup Program Accompanied with PDF Suite ZIP File.
2. Run the Server Setup Program.
3. Open Internet Information Services (IIS)
4. Expand the Hierarchy Tree by clicking on [ + ] until you see
5. the Root of the Default Web Site.
6. Right Click the Default Web Site, Select [ Properties ]
7. Click the Tab [ HTTP Headers ]
8. Remove any Custom HTTP Headers
9. Click the [ File Types... ] Button in the Mime Map Section at the bottom (See Image A)
10. If you see a file type already there like .FDF make the following changes
11. else create a new type. (See Image B)
12. File Type Extension: .FDF (with a period at the beginning if it lets you)
13. Content Type MIME: application/vnd.fdf
14. Click OK, until your at the main Interface of the Internet Information Services Panel.
Make sure Directories have the correct IIS Permissions
1. Follow the steps for opening IIS
2. Expand the Hierarchy Tree by clicking on [ + ] until you see the main directory of your PDF Suite Web.
3. Make sure the PDFs directory has read access with Scripts Only.
4. (Right click on the PDFs directory, select Properties)
5. Make sure the Database directory has at least read & write access with Scripts Only.
6. (Right click on the Database directory, select properties)
7. Make sure the ASP directory has at least read access with Scripts Only.
8. (Right click on the ASP directory, select properties)
9. Click OK, until you close the Internet Information Services Panel
Make sure the Directories have the correct *NTFS Permissions
1. Open Windows Explorer, by Clicking [ Start, Programs, Accessories ], [ Windows Explorer ]
2. Explore to the Directory where the PDF Web site is.
3. Make sure Folders have correct permissions by Right Clicking on Folder,
4. select [ Properties ]
5. Navigate to the Security Tab.
6. Set the **CustomASPNET Account to have at least the Following for each folder.
a. ASP Folder: Read & Execute
b. Database Folder: Read & Write
c. PDFs Folder: Read
d. Images Folder Read
7. Click Advanced button and select Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child option and click OK
8. Click OK
Make sure the TEMP & TMP Directories have the correct *NTFS Permissions
1. Right Click on Windows Explorer Icon on your desktop, Select [ Properties ]
2. Look for [ Environmental Variables ] on the Advanced tab.
3. Change the TEMP Directory, and TMP Directory reference to "C:\TEMP\"
3b. Click OK, and Close Dialog Box
4. Open Windows Explorer, by Clicking [ Start, Programs, Accessories ],
5. [ Windows Explorer ]
6. Explore to the C:\WINDOWS\TEMP Directory
7. Make sure Folders have correct permissions by Right Clicking on Folder
8. select [ Properties ]
9. Navigate to the Security Tab.
10. Set the ** CustomASPNET Account to have at least the Following for each folder.
11. A. TEMP Folder: Modify, Read, Write, Read & Execute, List
12. Restart the server/workstation.
Enhancements to your registry on your server
Open regedit.exe [ Start > Run > type Regedit > click OK ]
Navigate to the following sub-tree. And do the following (See Image C):
If The following key does not exist then create the key: MimeMap
From the menu select Edit -> New -> String Value
Reboot the system
Also Read Getting Started .Net
Copyright © 2003, 1991 - 2002
Last Updated 06/30/2004